Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Hey whats the matter", he asked ,"You never demand me."

A long pause. I froze and time dilated. Seconds felt like hours. It felt like years passed before he spoke again.

"You are not afraid of me are you?", he said coldly. 'How did he know that' , I thought.

A great screeching laughter, loud and clear, mocking me, scolding me with its every audible syllable. There was that sense of victory in those black eyes. Some unsaid words.
I stood there silent, secretly wishing I never came to him. I knew I idolized him but that overconfidence. It almost made him evil.

"C 'mon say it you idiot. What is it that you want to ask?", that voice demanded

"Its about me I have no idea about what I am supposed to do after I m done here. I am clueless ", I said meekly

I knew I had opened it all and had surrendered. He was winning. But hey why was I sad we were the same. Winning and loosing were all relative and immediately lost their significance here.

"To me you seem incapable and just ordinary. Mistake my friend in fact a blunder that is what you are. ", he shot back.

"But... Mistake ??", I found my voice resisting.

Calm and composed he smiled, that dreadful smile. I was trembling and he knew everything.

"You know you already have committed a mistake by asking me. Never ask any one else. No about nothing. It makes you weak, actually a leech a parasite living on other's thoughts and fancies"

"But their opinion matters to me. Its important. Right?", I questioned.

"Don't you know what you want out of yourself? Are you such a big hypocrite? How can you stand not knowing yourself?"

"But you know I m not sure. I am never sure. That is what I love about you. You are so sure. You always know ........."

"Dinners ready.... what are you doing there in dark all alone common darling its ready", mom shouted.

and suddenly everything faded .







---------------------------------------------------------

with apologies to
Ayn Rand's philosophy of objectivism &
the unnamed play in theater fest SRCC

17 comments:

  1. good 1
    it was a nice read although it brings an eerie feeling .the conversation btwn the two faces of the same person which i guess is urs only has been penned very aptly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. desu attempting to blog..gud gud..keep bloggin

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice start dear... typical deshmukh type sumhow.. :)
    keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. kuchh nahi chamka...but...Deshmukh Blog?.....waah.....way to go dude....

    ReplyDelete
  5. kuch likha hai..........
    Deshmukh bhai aap aise bhi ho....... pata nahi tha........ :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha HA ha ... and I thought my jokes were bad (apologies to dark knight) :P .... keep it simple damn it ... :P.. chal chal good ATTEMPT keep blogging.. wanna see more deshmukh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abbey put a PS explaining your philosophy , possible that many people ko chamka nahi hoga ...
    Nice start , keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. good start dude.. but keep it simple.. n ur trademark is visible everywhere :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. So people, here's the summary for those who didn't understand this blog... The inspiration comes out of that night in our second year when we spent 4-5 hours thinking about our careers and what we're going to do after graduation...finally we decided a career... i'm not going to tell what we decided...because that has probably changed..so, this blog shows desssi is still confused about it... koi load nahi hai yaar...same here...phir bhi peace maar...
    waise achha likha hai...description mast hai...

    ReplyDelete
  11. mast hai!!
    explains how the mind keeps flipping...mast hai
    keep blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leaving aside the points that it is very well written and thought of ... the portrayal of expressions was somehow extraordinary but still I couldn't find you in the conversation ... the two faced thing doesn't matches the personality or rather say the image I have about u in mind .... u somehow were more fragile and vulnerable in this paragraph... I wish that u still match the image you have in my mind and this para is just an exaggeration ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. "You are not afraid of me are you?", he said coldly. 'How did he know that' , I thought.
    .......................................

    it says a lot ...

    each time one reads this post, there's sumthng new one gets to know out of it....

    again... its awsm, dude !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. typical deshu style....yooo...nice attempt

    ReplyDelete